21 Nov Shop Local for the Holiday
Tired of hearing about all the hoopla about Black Friday now turning into Thanksgiving shopping? I am, and am disgusted that the one true American holiday focused on giving thanks and spending time with family and friends rather than spending money is now turning into another shopping day.
For those that are starting their holiday shopping today, tomorrow or on Friday, instead of waiting in lines at the big box stores, think about supporting the local businesses in our area. Berlin & Ocean City offer a wide variety of options, here are a couple of spots to hit on your shopping day.
- ISH Boutique on 34th Street in Ocean City
- Raggamuffin on 24th Street in Ocean City
- The Nest in Berlin on Main Street
- Bungalow Love in Berlin on Williams Street
- Buy The Road to Chianti, written by local author Kelly Hughes Roberts, either online at her website or at Browseabout Books in Rehoboth Beach, DE.
- Check out amazing surf photography from local artist Nick Denny at his new website, make a purchase of one of the Hurricane Sandy photos and proceeds will go to Hurricane Sandy relief.