17 Jul Defy the Aging Process | Farm Foodie FitnessFarm Foodie Fitness
We all want to live longer, healthier, and prolong the racing clock. What if you could? Just by incorporating these seven age-defying foods into your diet you can fight cancer, insure heart and brain health, while looking younger. Pretty simple huh? All you have to do is change the way you eat!
A calorie-dense diet full of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains will decrease physical and mental decline, increase energy, and assist in fighting Alzheimer’s and other degenerative disease. Remember to decrease high fatty foods, sugar consumption, and heavily processed foods.
1. Omega 3’s- Essential fatty acids found in salmon, tuna, nuts, nut butters, and flax seed help improve heart, brain, and skin health and decrease inflammation.
2. Water- Most of us don’t drink enough water. Staying hydrated will help flush and remove toxins, while fighting against skin damage to keep you looking and feeling younger.
3. Olive oil- These are the healthy fats you want to include in your diet regularly. They protect cells from damage and most cancers, and they are also high in antioxidants.
4. Seaweed- Rich in iron, foliate calcium, and magnesium. Seaweed has the broadest range of minerals. It promotes a healthy thyroid, assists in cancer and birth defect prevention.
5. Berries- They lower inflammation and protect against age-related motor and cognitive deterioration, while improving brain cell signaling. This includes strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries.
6. Healing Herbs- Use herbs to better your health and also spice up your food. Herbs fight free radicals. Include fennel seeds to aid in digestion, turmeric reduces inflammation, rosemary helps with hypertension and cholesterol, and chilies speed up your metabolism.
7. Tea- Choose green and black varieties for cancer fighting agents. Tea also contains more antioxidants that most fruits and vegetables