20 May Friday Morning Health Bite – Coffee!
I start every morning with a cup or two of coffee, preferably strong with cream and sugar, and made with a french press. I definitely get a boost in my morning mood from this, but now more studies are showing additional health benefits to your coffee habit.
1. A Harvard study this week showed that men that drink 6 or more cups of coffee a day were 20% less likely to develop prostate cancer. more here
2. Coffee is a major dietary source of antioxidants
3. Some studies have shown coffee to protect against Parkinsons Disease, Type 2 Diabetes and liver cancer. more here
4. Women who drink 4 or more cups a day, have cut risk of Type 2 Diabetes by 50%, and 5 or more a day could lower risk of certain breast cancers. more here
5. Drinking 1 cup a day could cut risk of having a stroke. more here
I will stick to my one or two cups a day, I believe all in moderation is best for me. Go to your local coffee shop to get your cup of morning java… try Rise Up Coffee in Salisbury and Berlin Coffee House in Berlin.